Tuesday 22 May 2012

Nerveberry Cobbler


I was excited to make this blueberry cobbler for my husband's family reunion but got nervous as I was making it.  The recipe called for less flour mixture than I expected and I was worried that it would come out only a puddle of blueberry juice from the oven.  The last blueberry cobbler I made had texture more like corn bread.  It was much thicker and heartier.  So, I was kept doubting myself and the recipe.  I kept pulling my husband out from his comfy Lazy Boy and having him come downstairs to check on my blueberry cobbler-in-process.  I said to him, "You have eaten a fair amount of blueberry cobbler in your life so you should know what a blueberry cobbler should look like.  Does this look like a blueberry cobbler to you?"  Instead of giving me an answer directly, he rushed back upstairs to his laptop and Google pictures of blueberry cobbler.  He came back down and assured me that mine indeed was what a blueberry would look like, based on his Google’s findings.  I still didn't trust the recipe.  So, I told him and myself that if it came out wrong, I still had time to make another one in the morning before we headed out to the reunion.  But I would double the ingredient amount for making the flour mixture.  I did add extra baking time for the cobbler in attempt to make sure that the blueberries at the bottom of the baking dish would not come out as runny.  After I took the cobbler out, I still could see the bottom part was not solid but my husband said it would firm up after I chilled it in the fridge overnight.  Well, what else could I do at that point?  I told myself that I would check it in the morning and if it's not to my complete satisfaction, I would immediately start from scratch and make another.  I remember I prayed for miracle before I went to bed that night.

The next morning, I woke up super early and sneaked back down to the fridge in my pj wondering if my prayers were answered.  God is good.  Not only did he answer my prayers, HE also gave the cobbler a magical touch.  To make the long story short, my blueberry cobbler was a big hit at the reunion.  I was the only person had no leftover to take back home.  The "bowl" was cleaned before everyone finished with his/her desserts.  Now that I thought about it, it was funny to send my husband out for my cobbler before everyone else in attempt to create an illustration to others that it was a good stuff.  Now I know it was silly and unnecessary. : )

But who could blame a high achiever like me?  Hahahaaaaaaaa


No comments:

Post a Comment