Monday 23 April 2012

The Ultimate Magical Rings



There are two beauites of this recipe.  The first one is its simplicity. 

Crescent roll dough is the ultimate foundation for creating this recipe.  By simply gazing at the photo, one might think it's too complicated to make.  However, it is actually one of those very simple yet gourmet type of dishes.  I spent most of the prep time in to chopping ingredients into fine pieces.  Otherwise, it was all about following steps and applying one ingredient one at a time.  The only tricky thing about this recipe, for me, was to figure out how to open that darn can of dough.  (Don't laugh because I know for sure I wasn't the only one.)  The first time I tried to open one of those suckers, the dough, with no warning given, bursted out on one side of the can like a volcano eruption.  Thank God I eventually figured out the opening "secret" and no more unwanted lava to collect.
  
The other beauty of this recipe is its flexibility.  The fact that I can actually create so many different recipes based upon its fundamental one.  I can substitute the original recipe with different types of meat or veggies.  I can adjust the portion size of the recipe by increasing or decreasing the amount of dough, depending on how many "starving ghosts" I need to feed at the time.  This recipe can be served as breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.  It can even serve as a dessert by substituting it with sweet ingredients.  This recipe is like a chameleon.  It could effortlessly blend into our unique situation and state of mood at any given time. 

There is one good tip for this recipe.  If you have one of those pizza stones, use it for this recipe.  It will be much easier to bake and yield much better result. 

So far, I have made two different recipes (see photos shown below).  One I called it Bacon and Cheese Magic Ring.  The other one I called it Chicken and Cheese Magic Ring.   A seafood one and a dessert one are in the making, as soon as I finalize the ingredients.  Stay tuned.


Bacon and Cheese Magic Ring


Chicken and Cheese Magic Ring

No comments:

Post a Comment